Enjoy Memorable Family Experiences With These COVID-Safe Family Vacation Options
School breaks are an opportunity for the whole family to spend time together during a vacation. However, planning a family vacation in Sydney, Australia, can be tricky because the ongoing pandemic limits your options. You want to make sure your family vacation is not only fun but safe; Everlast Therapies explores some options you should consider.
COVID-Safe Family Vacation Options
Various restrictions on travel are still in place to keep Australians safe. Here are some family vacation options that follow the rules:
- Vacation home. Renting a vacation home lets you visit your preferred destination while still keeping your family in a comfortable, safe bubble.
- RV family trip. Renting an RV lets you enjoy the open road and go sightseeing while still being self-contained.
- National parks. Visiting a national park and staying in a COVID-safe resort is another way the family can enjoy nature while still staying safe.
Whichever options you choose to explore, be sure to review the guidelines for COVID-safe travel in Australia. Keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Practice social distancing and wear a mask while your family is out in public.
- Wash your hands frequently or disinfect them with hand sanitizer.
- Follow the government guidelines for public transportation, camping, and booking accommodations.
Fun Activities to Do at Home
If you’re unable to travel due to restrictions or prefer to have your family spend the school break at home, you’ll be happy to know there are still many fun activities you can do as a family during the school break.
- Home cinema. Set up a dedicated home theater room and watch family movies
- Game nights. Plan family game nights with games such as Watch Ya’ Mouth, balloon tennis, family board games, and more.
- Family picnics. Go for a family picnic at a local park or in nearby woods.
- Family treasure hunt. Have some outdoor fun by organizing a scavenger hunt at home.
- Family recipes. Make lasting memories together by coming together around the stove to prepare meals as a family.
You’ll find there are endless creative ways you can have fun together at home as a family.
Useful Tech to Take on a Family Trip
Here are some tech items that can help keep your kids comfortable, entertained, and even inspired while traveling as a family:
- Headphones. Your kids can enjoy their favorite shows, movies, cartoons, or games without other family members hearing them.
- Portable Wi-Fi hotspot. Ensure safe and affordable connectivity during a family trip.
- Headphone splitter. Your kids can each listen in on a movie or show from one device.
- Power bank. Carry backup power for your devices.
- Kids’ smartwatch. Modern kids’ smartwatches can let you monitor your child’s location and share important medical information during an emergency.
These are all items you can easily pack in your suitcase to help make your family vacation a cherished experience.
Share Fun, Meaningful Experiences
Exploring COVID-safe travel options or finding creative activities to do together at home allows your family to share fun, meaningful vacation experiences.